From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dhcpcd brokenness
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:17:15
1 Ever since an upgrade a few weeks, dhcpcd has been broken.
2
3 If I start up my laptop withput a hard-wired ethernet
4 connection on eth0, dhcpcd starts up for eth0 and notices that
5 it's got a record of an unexpired lease stored away for eth0.
6
7 So it decides to just go ahead and use that lease to bring up
8 eth0 even though eth0 _isn't_connected_to_anything_. Since
9 eth0 comes up first, it gets priorty in the routing table over
10 eth1 (a wireless interface that _is_ up and working). All
11 traffic gets routed out eth0 (which isn't connected).
12
13 I've got to manually shut down eth0 to get a working network.
14
15 WTF does dhcpcd think it can go ahead an use an old lease like
16 that? That particular bit of brain-deadedness isn't supposed
17 to be enabled unless you use the -E option. I double-checked
18 my network configuration files and checked the running dhcpcd
19 command line with ps. I don't use the -E option.
20
21 Does anybody know how to prevent dhcpcd from enabling the -E
22 option when you don't specify -E?
25 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Should I get locked
26 at in the PRINCICAL'S
27 visi.com OFFICE today -- or have
28 a VASECTOMY??
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list