From: Mateusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [query] Compiz-fusion working slow
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:11:14
1 dell core2duo pisze:
2 > Hi,
3 > I have latest nvidia drivers installed. I have 2GB memory card. Am i
4 > missing some specific settings ?
5 >
6 > [I] media-video/nvidia-settings
7 > [I] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers
8 > [I] media-libs/mesa
9 > [I] x11-apps/mesa-progs
10 >
11 > thanks.
12 >
13 > --flukebox
20 > On Jan 30, 2008 7:30 PM, Mateusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl
21 > <mailto:mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl>> wrote:
22 >
23 > Hi!
24 >
25 > I have compiz-fusion on my Intel X3100 - it run smoothly and very
26 > fast.
27 > This is not compiz problem, try to re-emerge mesa and install oryginal
28 > drivers from www.nvidia.com <http://www.nvidia.com>. I have using
29 > some time ago compiz-fusion on
30 > nVidia 5500FX and this works normal only on drivers from nvidia
31 > webpage.
32 > If You use - such as I EM64T on amd64 distro (x86_64) then drivers are
33 > also available. If after instalation of driver this You will still
34 > have
35 > this problem please let me know on: mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl
36 > <mailto:mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl>, we find
37 > whats about...
38 >
39 > Mateusz M.
40 >
41 > dell core2duo pisze:
42 > > Hi,
43 > > I am running compiz-fusion. but it seems to run very slow.
44 > Although
45 > > Cpu/memory usage are normal. But even when i resize a terminal it
46 > > takes few seconds to do so.
47 > > while there is no such problem in doing same without running
48 > > compiz-fusion. I have nvidia-8600-GT graphics card. I would like to
49 > > know how to make my compiz-fusion run smoother.
52 > > --flukebox
55 > --
56 > gentoo-user@l.g.o <mailto:gentoo-user@l.g.o>
57 > mailing list
60 You should first emerge mesa then install nvidia drivers against mesa -
61 nv have own GL drivers. Also check Your kernel for enabled NV
62 Framebuffer - you should disable this feature. If this will not help,
63 than I don't know how to help You. Maybe nVidia have support for drivers
64 and config?
65
66 Mateusz M.
67 --