From: Kraus Philipp <philipp.kraus@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] IDE DVD device with kernel 3.2.11
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 14:20:54
1 Hello,
2
3 I have update my system to ther 3.2.11 kernel and udev 171-rc5. Everything works fine, except the IDE DVD ROM Device. lspci shows the IDE controller
4 00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 631xESB/632xESB IDE Controller (rev 09)
5
6 and I have build this kernel options:
7
8 CONFIG_HAVE_IDE=y
9 # CONFIG_IDE is not set
10
11 # SCSI device support
12 CONFIG_SCSI_MOD=y
13 CONFIG_SCSI=y
14 CONFIG_SCSI_DMA=y
15 CONFIG_SCSI_TGT=m
16 CONFIG_SCSI_NETLINK=y
17 CONFIG_SCSI_PROC_FS=y
18 # SCSI support type (disk, tape, CD-ROM)
19 CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN=y
20 CONFIG_SCSI_CONSTANTS=y
21 CONFIG_SCSI_LOGGING=y
22 CONFIG_SCSI_SCAN_ASYNC=y
23 CONFIG_SCSI_WAIT_SCAN=m
24 # SCSI Transports
25 CONFIG_SCSI_SPI_ATTRS=m
26 CONFIG_SCSI_FC_ATTRS=m
27 CONFIG_SCSI_FC_TGT_ATTRS=y
28 CONFIG_SCSI_ISCSI_ATTRS=y
29 CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_ATTRS=m
30 CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_LIBSAS=m
31 CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_ATA=y
32 CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_HOST_SMP=y
33 CONFIG_SCSI_SRP_ATTRS=m
34 CONFIG_SCSI_SRP_TGT_ATTRS=y
35 CONFIG_SCSI_LOWLEVEL=y
36
37 I have added the line persistent_cd_disable="no" to my /etc/udev/udec.conf and remove the /etc/udev/rules/70-presistent-cd.rule
38 I don't have buld in the "ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support (DEPRECATED) " dubpackages, should I need them for using my old DVD ROM?
39 I have build only the "Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers" and SCSI systems, can I use the IDE device with this drivers only?
40
41 Thanks
42
43 Phil