From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: want to upgrade 50 month old installation
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 01:00:26
1 Felix Miata <mrmazda <at> earthlink.net> writes:
4 > That's right, May 2011, my first and only Gentoo installation, 32 bit on an
5 > old Athlon, which means no sse2, and kernel 2.6.37. It coexists in multiboot
6 > on one HD with 12 installations of Fedora and openSUSE. I'd like to upgrade
7 > it rather than installing fresh, if it's doable.
8 > Any suggestions or words of wisdom?
11 Hello Felix. You might want to look at these (2) resources if you are
12 still intent on the upgrade pathway of an old gentoo installation::
15 [1] http://blog.siphos.be/2015/01/old-gentoo-system-not-a-problem/
18 [2]
19 https://blog.jolexa.net/2009/03/gentoo-tips-to-upgrade-your-
20 really-old-installation/