From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] £ sign in OpenOffice
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 19:05:05
1 On Friday 06 August 2010 21:13:06 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I am puzzled by this problem. One box of mine seems to be unable to show
4 > > the GBP sign in OpenOffice. In any OOo application it shows a capital A
5 > > with umlauts and then shows the £ sign.
6 > >
7 > > In the OOo Language Settings I have selected as Default Currency "GBP £
8 > > English (UK)" just as I have on two other boxen, which work fine.
9 > >
10 > > The locales are the same LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8" on all of them.
11 > >
12 > > Any ideas?
13 > > --
14 > > Regards,
15 > > Mick
16 >
17 > No real idea but possibly:
18 >
19 > Different font sets installed?
20 >
21 > Incorrect/different font paths in xorg.config?
22 >
23 > I don't use OO so I cannot speak to it's internal settings.
24 >
25 > Good luck,
26 > Mark
27
28 I looked at this box again and it transpires that it also has this problem in
29 Kmail, not just OOo. There don't seem to be any other problems with the
30 characterset or keyboard, only the GBP sign.
31 --
32 Regards,
33 Mick