From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: adsl rp-pppoe - new baselayout problem
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:35:41
1 > The old rp-pppoe init script works without problems on my up-to-date
2 > gentoo router. I prefer this way, too.
3
4 Nobody needs the old init.d-script anymore. Here are the advantages of
5 using baselayout:
6
7 - you can unmerge rp-pppoe
8 - the pppoe-plugin provided by pppd uses the kernel PPPoE-implementation
9 which is much faster (but experimental though)
10 - /etc/init.d/net.pppX is part of "net", /etc/init.d/rp-pppoe is not
11 (which is an advantage because of scripts that depends on net)
12 - ... more?
15 Well, look at the configuration i posted. It's very simple (once you
16 found out and understood what's going on).