From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Random reboots. Where to start?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 01:07:30
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > let memtest86 run - for 12h.
3 > increase ram voltage - a bit. Like 0.01V.
4 > get a different psu.
8 12 hours? By that time, I would be in a rubber room. I would go nuts.
9 lol I did let it run for almost 5 hours tho. No errors.
10
11 Ooooo, I hate changing voltages. Always afraid I will let the smoke
12 out. We all know what happens when the smoke gets out. No more worky.
13 lol May have to, don't want to tho.
14
15 I think my P/S in my old rig will work in here. If I get to the point
16 of knowing it is hardware, that will be my first test. It doesn't cost
17 anything to test either. I'm still hoping it will be a OS problem tho,
18 bad file or something.
19
20 This reminds me. I did have to do the sysrq key thing the other day. I
21 was at a console but I was logged into KDE too. Maybe that messed up
22 something. Some file got corrupted or something.
23
24 Thanks.
25
26 Dale