From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing xorg.conf at runtime (nVidia cards)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 03:23:31
1 Mike Mazur wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 05:44, Fernando Antunes<fs.antunes@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 >> I don't use xorg.conf in my notebook Lenovo T61, Intel 965GSM , xorg and
7 >> xfce ~x86, gentoo 2.6.30 with KMS, anymore.
8 >> Both kernel and X switch to 1280x800 resolution automatically, xinerama is
9 >> disable.
12 > Interesting, so you don't have /etc/X11/xorg.conf file at all?
15 > Thanks,
16 > Mike
21 If you have hal enabled and xorg-server-1.5 or higher, then you don't
22 have to have a xorg.conf file. This is from what I have read. I have
23 yet to get that hal thing to work here.
24
25 If you are still on the old xorg-server then you have to have a
26 xorg.conf file.
27
28 Dale
29