From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [O.T] photomosaic
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:21:27
1 Picasa does awesome mosaics.
2
3 Alan
4
5 On 12/20/06, Kumar Golap <tizan.moris@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > Have you tried hugin
7 >
8 > http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
9 >
10 > I think its in portage
11 >
12 > Kumar
15 > On 12/14/06, Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net> wrote:
16 > > On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:30:17 +0000
17 > > Redouane Boumghar wrote:
18 > >
19 > > > Hello Arnau
20 > > Hi,
21 > >
22 > > > I'm sorry I didn't understand what you were looking for.
23 > > It's ok, I must improve my English!
24 > >
25 > > > I proposed Image Magick and it sure can do it but with a little
26 > > > head-scratch.
27 > > >
28 > > > So if i may resume u need :
29 > > > - A parent picture
30 > > > - A list of other pictures to fill the mosaic
31 > >
32 > > that's it!
33 > >
34 > > > With Image Magick you can extract a portion (according to you
35 > > > discretization parameters) from the parent picture and then compare
36 > > > it with the list of pictures you have by comparing metrics like RMSE
37 > > > and then compose your mosaic with most revelant pictures at each
38 > > > portion of the parent one.
39 > > >
40 > > > I'll post a shell script for this if I have time.
41 > > > This could be fun,
42 > > That would be nice!
43 > >
44 > > > Have a good day and tell me if you find a program that does it,
45 > > at this point I have only found metapixel :-( it's nice, but i'm
46 > > looking for something better.
47 > >
48 > > > Red.
49 > > Thanks!
50 > > --
51 > > Arnau Bria
52 > > http://blog.emergetux.net
53 > > Wiggum: Dispara a las ruedas Lou.
54 > > Lou: eee, es un tanque jefe.
55 > > Wiggum: Me tienes hartito con todas tus excusas.
56 > > --
57 > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
60 > --
61 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
67 Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan lngndvs@×××××.com 1-670-256-2043
68
69 I consider that the golden rule requires that if I like a program I
70 must share it with other people who like it.
71 --------Richard Stallman
72 --
73 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list