From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: InitRAMFS - boot expert sought
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 07:56:41
1 On Fri, March 30, 2012 9:23 am, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
2 > The 29/03/12, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Wed, March 28, 2012 12:49 am, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >>
6 >> <snipped>
7 >>
8 >> > Do nothing. Just read, watch, learn but most important don't do
9 >> > updates. Just wait. Patience is a virtue!
10 >>
11 >> I wonder how many threads we'll get with "I haven't updated my Gentoo
12 >> for
13 >> over a year, how do I best do the upgrade?" from people following this
14 >> advice?
15 >
16 > I think there is a better thing to do. Use an initramfs.
17 >
18 > This is not hell! ;-)
19
20 I'm not saying it is or isn't.
21
22 I just don't understand why "not upgrading for a while" is given as an
23 option considering the issues people will encounter when they try
24 upgrading a Gentoo installation that hasn't been updated in a long time.
28 Joost