From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB Problems
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 21:55:58
1 On Sunday 12 June 2011 15:30:12 john wrote:
2 > Gents
3 >
4 > Whenever I insert external USB device my machine locks and I have to do
5 > a hard reset (sys req does not even work). I have tried this in a
6 > graphical environment and without. Machine boots up fine with USB
7 > keyboard and mouse but will not boot up with usb storage (memory stick
8 > - tried several)
9 >
10 > I have recently upgrade kernel to 2.6.38-r6 when this error started
11 > (approx). Hav also tried 2.6.38-r7 (which according to bugzilla
12 > should fix an issue similar to this) the error still happens.
13 >
14 > Any suggestions on kernel config options, debugging would be
15 > appreciated. And how to trap full error message.
16 >
17 > Error message alongs these lines
18 >
19 > Kernel panic not syncing - fatal exception in iterrupt
20 > ksoftirqd/1 Not tainted
23 have the same problem with 2.6.39 and 2.6.39.1
24
25 Whenever I disconnect my telephone from usb I have a 1 in 5 chance of a nice
26 panic.
27
28 Since your is an always panic maybe you should recreate it with vanilla
29 sources and report it on lkml.
30 --
31 #163933