From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Partition of 3TB USB drive not detected
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 20:38:47
1 Hi Mick,
2
3 Mick wrote:
4
5 > On Sunday 31 Jul 2016 19:14:45 Jörg Schaible wrote:
6 >> Hi Daniel,
7 >>
8 >> thanks for your response.
9 >>
10 >> Daniel Frey wrote:
11 >>
12 >> [snip]
13 >>
14 >> > I can only think of two reasons, the kernel on the livecd doesn't
15 >> > support GPT (which is unlikely)
16 >>
17 >> That would be really strange. However, how can I prove it?
18 >
19 > If after you boot your systemrescuecd you can list:
20 >
21 > /sys/firmware/efi
22 >
23 > you have booted into UEFI mode. If not, you have booted into legacy BIOS
24 > mode.
27 This machine has only plain old BIOS. The question is, why one kernel
28 detects the 3TB partition and the the other one does not. How can I prove
29 GPT support for the kernel itself.
30
31 Cheers,
32 Jörg