From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem upgrading to apache 2.4.7 from 2.2.26
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 08:15:28
1 On 24 Feb 2014 13:43, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi. I am having problems upgrading to apache 2.4.7 from 2.2.26. It
4 > seems mod_perl and mod_python require <apache2.4 in their ebuilds.
5 > Anyway to fix this or am I stuck with the apache2.2 series? I was doing
6 > this in my normal upgrade process and I postponed this particular mess
7 > for quite a while, but now I have to make a decision one way or the
8 > other.
9 >
10 > I am running the unstable gentoo x86_64.
11 >
12 > Any ideas would be appreciated.
13 >
14 > --
15 > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
16 > How do
17 > you spend it?
18 >
19 > John Covici
20 > covici@××××××××××.com
23 It's quite possible that those modules need 2.2. Check upstream? If they're
24 compatible, then just modify the ebuild and report a bug.