From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Seamonkey/Firefox library USE flags
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 02:06:33
1 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2017-02-02 20:39, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> Other than security implications of older libs being built in with
5 >> default USE flags, is there some performance or emerge time
6 >> benefit/disbenefit from using system-libs?
7 > I see almost the same build times either way. I strongly suspect it
8 > builds (and perhaps installs) the bundled libraries even if they aren't
9 > used at run time.
12 That may explain why it builds in about the same time. I hadn't thought
13 about it building but either not installing or just tucking them away in
14 a corner somewhere and not using them.
15
16 Interesting idea.
17
18 Dale