From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2.6.19-r1 won't boot - arcmsr?
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 19:44:51
1 On 12/9/06, Dave Oxley <dave@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > I have a Dell server that runs Gentoo. I have been running kernel
3 > 2.6.18-r3 with the third party arcmsr add on driver without any
4 > problems. I have tried to upgrade to 2.6.19-r1 with the kernels inbuild
5 > arcmsr driver but I cannot get it to boot. It says that it cannot find
6 > the root fs on sdc3. I don't know whether its the onboard ICH5 SATA or
7 > the ARCMSR controller that it cannot find. I have 2 disks on the onboard
8 > controller (sda and sdb) and 1 raid volume on the ARCMSR (sdc). Can
9 > anyone help me please?
10
11 Maybe the devices changed order? Try root=/dev/sda3.
12
13 -Richard
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list