From: Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: do we have the package "ncurses-devel" or something like that?
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 12:15:48
1 On 13:40 Wed 03 Dec , Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Zhang Le wrote:
3 >> On 10:34 Wed 03 Dec , Justin wrote:
4 >>> Zhang Le schrieb:
5 >>>> If you need to find package name from file name, try e-file:
6 >>>> http://li2z.cn/category/e-file/
7 >>>>
8 >>> The link is broken, I always love to promote this site:
9 >> the site is temporarily down. unfornately it is not mine.
10 >>> http://portagefilelist.de
11 >> e-file is actually using this site.
12 >> it could save you some time opening up your browser or at least a
13 >> 'ctrl-t'.
14 >> the ebuild is already in gentoo-china overlay.
15 >
16 > You can also use equery from the app-portage/gentoolkit package.
17
18 You can also use qfile from portage-utils, which is more faster since it is
19 written in C.
20
21 But, AFAIK, they can only query packages already installed in your system.
22 Aren't they? :)
23
24 Zhang, Le