From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resetting the root passwd
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:52:10
1 On Jan 12, 2012 8:07 PM, "Alan McKinnon" <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 ----, >8 snip
7 > Changing the ssh port (and even crypto keys on DVDs) is just a
8 > brain-dead approach, we agree on that. We rightfully rip a new one to
9 > people advocating doing this.
12 Well, I *always* change my sshd ports, not for added security, but because
13 I'm tired of seeing failed login attempts from China. The daily log became
14 *much* shorter after I moved the port somewhere else.
15
16 Plus, thanks to the wonders of iptables and ipset, anyone attempting to
17 connect to port 22 will now gets blocked completely.
18
19 Rgds,