From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-updater: updating cracklib forever...
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 18:25:43
1 On Thursday 06 Mar 2014 18:57:51 Jarry wrote:
2
3 > today after emerging python-exec (from 2.0.1 to 2.0.1-r1)
4 > I tried python-upadter and found out it wants to update
5 > cracklib. OK, I did, and then tested python-updater again.
6 > An it updated cracklib again! I tried it again, again,
7 > again, still the same: python-updater keeps re-emerging
8 > cracklib...
9 >
10 > Is this normal?
11
12 I hope so, because I've been finding the same thing for some years now. Usually
13 I have a couple of other packages to rebuild too, but not so recently.
14
15 I just assume that python-updater can't tell whether it needs to update
16 cracklib, so it plays safe and adds it to the list for remerging.
19 Regards
20 Peter