From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and lvm
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:04:17
1 Am 12.09.2013 14:43, schrieb Mick:
2
3 >> I don't have that binary. And some page on my way said the
4 >> contrary: set it to empty and let udev (?) do that.
5 >
6 > Ha! Neither do I!
7 >
8 > # ls -la /sbin/hotplug ls: cannot access /sbin/hotplug: No such
9 > file or directory
10 >
11 > I can honestly say that I can't remember filling in this entry when
12 > configuring my kernels, but then how did it get there?
15 dunno.
16
17 Kernel help says about that setting:
18
19 > Before the switch to the netlink-based uevent source, this was
20 > │ │ used to hook hotplug scripts into kernel device events. It
21 > │ │ usually pointed to a shell script at /sbin/hotplug.
22 > │ │ This should not be used today, because usual systems create
23 > │ │ many events at bootup or device discovery in a very short time
24 > │ │ frame. One forked process per event can create so many
25 > processes
26 > │ │ that it creates a high system load, or on smaller systems
27 > │ │ it is known to create out-of-memory situations during bootup.
30 I also found configs having this:
31
32 CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER_PATH="/usr/bin/udevadm"
33
34 That binary would exist here.
35
36 I am unsure if I should try that.