From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] emacs and asian languages
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 14:12:54
1 I'm using emacs.22.1 and it's having trouble displaying asian
2 languages, specifically chinese and korean.
3
4 From the menus, using Options//Mule//ShowMultiLingualText, displays
5 Japanese correctly but shows boxes for Chinese and Korean characters.
6
7 Similarly, I've got a HelloWorld.java program that displays "Hello
8 World" in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. This file displays
9 perfectly using Eclipse. Emacs displays the japanese characters
10 without any problem. 4 of the 5 chinese characters are displayed
11 properly, with the 5th showing as a box. All 8 korean characters show
12 up as boxes.
13
14 FWIW, the strings show up properly in my mail reader (Claws-Mail). The
15 strings are:
16
20
21 Can anybody identfy what's wrong and point me toward a solution?
22
23 Thanks.
24
25 David