From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-python/isodate breaks my emerge because it's at EAPI?
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 20:53:25
1 On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 2:41 PM n952162 <n952162@×××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 8/6/21 8:22 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 > > On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 8:37 AM n952162 <n952162@×××.de> wrote:
5 > >> I was complaining, mostly, that isodate had to be the thing that was
6 > >> incompatible with my configuration. Maybe there is a unavoidable reason
7 > >> that that package had to move to the newest EAPI, or maybe it was just a
8 > >> sense that it's cool to be with the cutting edge. It seems to me that
9 > >> isodate (which is actually tied, perhaps indirectly, to clearly slow
10 > >> United Nations rule-making) must be pretty stable.
11 > >>
12 > > ...
13 > > It might not hurt if that error message included the suggestion to run
14 > > "emerge -u portage" to update it. It does say that the solution is to
15 > > update portage - it just doesn't explicitly tell you how to do so.
18 > The way out of my dilema would be first to emerge portage and then
19 > emerge @world?
20
21 In this case that would probably fix it. Some update issues can get
22 messy if you don't update often, but usually for EAPI issues you just
23 need to update portage itself.
26 Rich