From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge custom notes reminders
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 18:00:04
1 On 03/22/2018 11:11 AM, R0b0t1 wrote:
2 > On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 10:28 AM, <thelma@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Is there a way to add custom notes reminders during emerge or after?
6 > What kind of reminders? Perhaps we could have a developer add some
7 > encouraging messages to various packages, or maybe some news items? I
8 > know I could use some encouragement.
9 >
10 > I could keep packages in an overlay and write messages to myself, but
11 > I'm not sure it'd work as well.
12 >
13 > Cheers,
14 > R0b0t1
15
16 A simple additional post installation note:
17
18 WARNING: configuration file was wiped out.
19 run again:
20 brsaneconfig4 -a name=(name your device) model=(model name) ip=xx.xx.xx.xx
21
22 add/or note:
23 add to make.conf
24 CONFIG_PROTECT="/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4/brsanenetdevice4.cfg"
25
26 Would do the trick.
27 --
28 Thelma