From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local mirrors
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 08:44:49
1 On Friday, 26 April 2019 08:48:54 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > As well as the suggestions from Rich and Dale, you can also use a shared
4 > directory - I use NFS for this but I see no reason why CIFS wouldn't also
5 > work - for $DISTDIR. This is set in make.conf and tells portage where to
6 > save downloaded files. As portage checks to see if the file is already
7 > there before downloading it, only the first system to need it will
8 > download it, the rest will use the existing copy.
9 >
10 > Just set up an NFS export on the host computer and mount that on the
11 > others, then change make.conf to use that location.
12
13 Yet another idea is to run net-proxy/squid on one machine and set that as your
14 download mirror. I used to do that and it worked well.
17 Regards,
18 Peter.