From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-updater: depclean removes it?
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 22:10:40
1 On 29/08/2016 21:29, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 08/29/2016 03:08 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >> Did something change recently?
4 >>
5 >> I was doing some updates and noticed app-admin/python-updater was
6 >> removed. It's still in the tree but the system decided it was no longer
7 >> needed - was it removed from @system?
10 > It's no longer needed, its removal is intentional.
11
12 What replaces it's functionality, or what is now in the codebase that
13 guarantees the problems python-updater fixed can't happen anymore?
14
15 Now and again I run it just for fun and sometimes python-updater finds
16 something to rebuild. Which implies that it's either still needed or
17 finding false positives. I'd like to know which is true :-)