From: Iain Buchanan <iain@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] per-ebuild compil options
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 04:42:45
1 Hi all,
2
3 after recompiling another bunch of libraries just to "unstrip" them, I'm
4 wondering if I can specify FEATURES and CXXOPTS (for example) on a
5 per-ebuild basis.
6
7 eg. I would always want to build glib and glibc with nostrip in the
8 FEATURES, and -ggdb in the compile options, but all other ebuilds would
9 be as normal.
10
11 Any way I can do this without putting the ebuilds in my overlay? I know
12 I can do it on the command line:
13 FEATURES="blah nostrip" CFLAGS="blah -ggdb" CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" sudo
14 emerge -va1 glibc
15 but that kind-of gets defeated during an emerge world.
16
17 thanks,
18 --
19 Iain Buchanan <iain at pcorp dot com dot au>
20
21 Humor in the Court:
22 Q: ...any suggestions as to what prevented this from being a murder trial
23 instead of an attempted murder trial?
24 A: The victim lived.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list