From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: KDE 5: Broken file protocol for KDE 4 apps
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 21:44:02
1 Hi,
2
3 P Levine wrote:
4
5 > On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
6 > wrote:
7 >> Anyone? After upgrading a second machine to KDE/Plasma 5, I have the same
8 >> behavior there. All KDE-4-based apps fail to interact with the file
9 >> system. Using KMail I can no longer add any attachment to an email nor
10 >> save an existing attachment to disk.
11 >>
12 >> Jörg Schaible wrote:
13 >>
14 >>> Hi,
15 >>>
16 >>> after the update to Plasma 5/KF5, I can no longer open (HTML) files from
17 >>> my local disk with Konqueror. It claims it does no longer know the file
18 >>> protocol. I get a similar error in Amarok when I try to apply a cover to
19 >>> an album from the local disk. It seems all KDE4-based application are
20 >>> affected.
21 >>>
22 >>> Does anybody what's causing this behavior and know how to solve it?
23 >>>
24 >>> Cheers,
25 >>> Jörg
26 >
27 > Try running the apps from command line, using '--nofork' and/or
28 > '--debug' where/if applicable. Try to reproduce the behavior and see
29 > if something potentially relevant is printed out.
30
31 Nothing. No message on the console, no entry in .xsession-errors. I even
32 tried to compare strace output for the same call:
33
34 konqueror /usr/shared/docs/some/file.html
35
36 One time from a user account where this call behaves correctly, once from
37 the account where konqueror fails to open it. Nothing obvious :-/
38
39 - Jörg