From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Overlays & package.mask
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 21:28:51
1 On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:53:52 -0700, Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
2
3 > I decided that I did not want to go back to 4.5.1 so I added
4 >
5 > =kde-base/pykde4-4.5.1
6 >
7 > to /etc/portage/package.mask.
8 >
9 > To my utmost surprise, I got the exact same result as before when
10 > running the above emerge command again. I tried it with one of the
11 > other upgrades mentioned and package.mask had the expected result.
12 >
13 > So I'm confused. Why is package.mask not having any (apparent) effect
14 > for pykde4? How do I prevent the downgrade?
15
16 4.5.1-r1 was in the kde overlay, it is no longer there. That's why
17 portage wants to downgrade and no amount of unmasking will change that.
18 If you want to stay with -r1, copy the ebuild from /var/db/pkg to your
19 local overlay.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Math and alcohol don't mix. Don't drink and derive.