From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: Michael Volland <mk106c-gnu@×××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone got a 2009 - 2011 PPC LiveCD
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:41:58
1 On 13 February 2013, at 09:31, Michael Volland wrote:
2 >
3 > no Answer but a question:
4 > What Computer(s) do you want to use it with?
5
6 1ghz eMac - the old CRT model, but the eMac is larger (has a larger screen) than the CRT iMac.
7
8 I think it's a G4, it's 32-bit.
9
10 Tentatively speaking, I think I'm on the right track, actually.
11
12 Having made a final second-guessing-myself attempt with Finnix, it seems like the yabootconfig isn't working, but it looks like it's gonna boot using the manual Yaboot configuration. IMO this is explained a little poorly in the docs (but it is a niche arch, so I'm not complaining).
13
14 I hadn't posted back before because it looks like yaboot doesn't support ext3, so I'm now having to go back and make a separate /boot partition.
15
16 I believe this is my first time installing on PPC - I may have done it before, but if so I remember none of the details - and the quirks are all a bit unfamiliar to me.
17
18 Stroller.