From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Is Google getting evil?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:35:12
1 On 5/31/06, JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Wow. Google shows a list of every group it finds your email in and
3 > displays it in a drop down. I guess People should think twice about
4 > using their real contact information, name/email, in a group.
5 >
6 > Am I the only one that is bothered by this? Or should I remove some of
7 > the tinfoil layers from around my head? :-)
8
9 It is a little distressing to see every posting you've made to any
10 public group since the beginning of time all listed on a single page.
11 And it is a gold-mine for anybody that might want to investigate you
12 online...
13
14 But considering that they are *public* forums, and the postings are
15 available via other archives, I guess I can't really complain too
16 much. After all, it's not like you can see every personal email I
17 have sent or received there....
18
19 -Richard
20 --