From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] umask 002 in /etc/profile
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 15:01:18
1 On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > The scheme works rather nicely in nearly
3 > every situation (POSIX ACL's play hell with
4 > the scheme, but, then, they are supposed to).
5 That being said, is there anyone who swears by ACLs here? I've never
6 tried them on (except in a couple of "classroom exercises" years ago),
7 so I don't know if they're any joy. Would they allow me to force all
8 files under a directory, for instance, to be something like g+rw and
9 at the same time be enrolled in a shared group?