From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Qt Creator on start up - "Welcome Mode Load Error"
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 13:32:05
1 On 06/22/2015 07:29 AM, walt wrote:
2 > On 06/21/2015 07:38 AM, Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 >> I then had a look at the Creator ebuild and it says:
4 >>
5 >> # minimum Qt version required
6 >> 38 QT_PV="5.3.2:5"
7 >
8 > Only qt-creator-3.4.1 requires qt5, so your fix would be to install one of
9 > the earlier versions of qt-creator.
10 >
11 > Are you trying to mix stable and unstable packages, maybe? (I do this all
12 > the time knowing that I will have problems like the one you describe but I
13 > do it anyway. No fool like and old fool, etc.
17 Walt,
18 You were right. Killed of the latest version and installed V3.2.2 which
19 depends upon the latest in the Qt4 series. Did have some nasty problems
20 vis a vis webkit but finally got there.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Andrew