From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] In which order services are started?
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:05:14
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Dale writes:
5 >> Alex Schuster wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> Jarry writes:
8 >>>
9 >>>> Is there any way to find out in which order services are
10 >>>> started during boot-up (except for looking at boot-up
11 >>>> screen and making notes)?
12 >>>>
13 >>> I think the output of 'rc-status' shows the services in the right
14 >>> order.
15 >>>
16 >
17 >> It may be a coincidence but mine are alphabetical.
18 >>
19 > This may be a baselayout-2 thing then. Here the output looks like this:
20 >
21 > wonko@weird ~ $ rc-status boot|cut -d " " -f 2
22 > boot
23 > hwclock
24 > modules
25 > lvm
26 > device-mapper
27 > dmcrypt
28 > fsck
29 > root
30 > mtab
31 > localmount
32 > hostname
33 > sysctl
34 > bootmisc
35 > procfs
36 > termencoding
37 > consolefont
38 > keymaps
39 > net.lo
40 > urandom
41 > swap
42 >
43 > wonko@weird ~ $ rc-status default|cut -d " " -f 2
44 > default
45 > hdparm
46 > net.eth0
47 > rsyncd
48 > metalog
49 > hald
50 > cupsd
51 > nfs
52 > nfsmount
53 > netmount
54 > gpm
55 > xdm
56 > alsasound
57 > distccd
58 > fcron
59 > lm_sensors
60 > mysql
61 > ntpd
62 > smartd
63 > sshd
64 > udev-postmount
65 > vmware
66 > local
67 >
68 > Wonko
73 I'm still on baselayout 1 here. Your list does look different from mine
74 tho. Every one of mine is alphabetical. Funny thing is, some geel most
75 likely thought it would be neat to list them that way and went to the
76 trouble of having it sort them for us. Osrt of like the world file.
77 Mine is alphabetical there as well.
78
79 Dale
80