From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] e17 default theme at fresh install
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 19:36:18
1 On Thursday, 28 July 2011 19:57:28 András Csányi did opine thusly:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I installed e17 and at the first login everything worked but the
5 > fonts were unreadable. I can't decide they are only to small or the
6 > font type is the problem. I tried to figure out what is the problem
7 > and I found this [1] in the Arch Linux Wiki. I installed both fonts
8 > but nothing happened (I restarted my machine). I tried to copy
9 > these fonts to ~/.e/e/fonts directory but it was unsuccessful.
10 >
11 > I tried to found where can I change the fonts but it's impossible
12 > because really unreadable the whole stuff, however install another
13 > theme is impossible as well.
14 >
15 > [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/E17#Unreadable_fonts
16 >
17 > Does have anybody any suggestion or advise what should I do?
18
19 You will have better luck at the enlightenment user list:
20
21 enlightenment-users@×××××××××××××××××.net
24 I only know of 2 e17 users here.
25
26 e17 is a rapidly changing target, where "rapidly" often means
27 "hourly". You should provide details of how you installed e17 and the
28 efl, if it was via one of the many build scripts floating around, or
29 from an overlay (and which one, there are 3 in common use!) Also which
30 svn version of e17 you installed.
31
32 Fonts in e17 is something that for me always just worked.
36 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com