From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Internet radio?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 00:21:39
1 On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:03:41 -0800
3 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Paul Hartman
6 >> <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >> <SNIP>
8 >> >>
9 >> >> What keywords are required to get Amarok 2 to build? I'm not clear
10 >> >> what ~*2.0.1.1 means.
11 >>
12 >> So from the man page it says that ~* means:
13 >>
14 >> "This version is "masked by missing keyword", stable on no
15 >> architecture, but unstable
16 >> on an alien architecture."
17 >>
18 >> Is there a way for me to build this for an amd64 machine? I tried
19 >> portage.keywords with:
20 >>
21 >> media-sound/amarok ~amd64 *~
22 >>
23 >> Do I need something in portage.unmask?
26 > Masked by missing keyword requires:
27 >
28 > media-sound/amarok **
29 >
30 > in package.keywords if I remember correctly
33 Thanks. That does seem to wake things up.
34
35 Not sure now if I want to do this. It's forcing me to unmask lots of
36 KDE-4 packages and also to rebuild mysql with an 'embedded' flag. I
37 seem to remember something about that causing problems for mythtv. Not
38 sure.
39
40 Thanks,
41 Mark