From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] bizzarre I2C kernel selection
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:34:37
1 Hello,
2
3 I've got a very weird problem. When I go to build either a 2.6.12-gentoo-r4
4 or 2.6.12-gentoo-r6 kernel on a paticular AMD athlon, I cannot change
5 the I2C selection:
6 device driver -> I2C support
7 option.
8
9 It is a dash. Manually deleting the .config file does not help.
10 I use 'make oldconfig on this machine' but I not certain
11 that is what locked out this option.
12
13 I have an identical MB with a different video card, that does
14 not have this problem with the 2.4.12-gentoo-r4 kernel.
15
16 Maybe I should just delete the entire kernel dir, download
17 anew and build a new kernel? OK, so I did this and I still
18 get the same problem:
19
20 make menuconfig
21 Device Drivers -> I2C support
22
23 --- I2C support
24 <*> I2C device interface
25
26 I cannot select the I2C line i.e. it will not change to
27 <M> or <*>
28 Like this on the other identical MB: <*> I2C support
29
30 I even tried to manually edit the .config file in /usr/src/linux
31 to correct the errant line to look like this:
32 'CONFIG_I2C_SENSOR=y'
33
34 but it always remains incorrect:
35 # Hardware Sensors Chip support