From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do you handle new Xorg + nvidia + ~x86?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:01:55
1 On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:20:16 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2
3 > it works for several people in the nvidia forum. With no 'it does not
4 > work' messages.
5
6 If we're taking a vote, it "works for me" too, although the option is
7 -ignoreABI, not -ignoreAbi.
8
9 So the consensus is that, while it may well not work for all, it
10 certainly is likely to work for most, so it is worth trying. It's not
11 like this is a system-critical package that will stop you booting, the
12 worst that can happen is that you are without a desktop for a few minutes.
13
14 It would be prudent to quickpkg the previous version in xorg-server
15 (unless you have buildpkg in FEATURES) so that you can switch back
16 quickly if you do have a problem.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 "Bother," said Pooh, as Satan laid his soul to waste.