From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups web interface (localhost:631) missing
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 16:32:34
1 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > The web based administration interface for cups appears to be missing.
3 > I just installed the unstable version today to fix the libpng problem.
4 >
5 > When I browse http://localhost:631/help I receive
6 >
7 > Not Found
8 > The requested resource was not found on this server.
9 >
10 > I haven't used this interface in a while so I can't say for sure it
11 > was due to the upgrade to unstable.
12 >
13 > I can say that the man page for cups-config does include
14 > SEE ALSO
15 > http://localhost:631/help
16 >
17 > Thanks in advance for any help.
18 > allan
21 This is something I have done before, you did start cups right? ps aux
22 | grep cups should help to make sure. It may need a restart even if
23 started.
24
25 Dale
26 :-)