From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Minimal Gentoo with X
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:02:22
1 Shoka <shoka <at> gmx.ch> writes:
4 > I'm trying to build kind of a minimal gentoo setup with X support. All I
5 > need is
6 > - X11 and a Window Manager
7 > - Mozilla Firefox
8 > - Lighttpd
9
10 If I were you, I'd pose this question over at embedded-gentoo, if you really
11 want to get serious about minimization. Gentoo-user is more focused on complete
12 systems. Once you go down the path of reducing packages that are normally
13 on a gentoo system (server or workstation) you may end up all alone
14 and broken.......
17 Besides, there are some very 'brights minds' on the gentoo-embedded list
18 and what they do, is build minimal systems all the time....
19
20 caveat emptor.....
21
22 hth,