From: Jakob Buchgraber <jakob.buchgraber@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] deleted ._cfg files
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:35:21
1 Kamen TOMOV wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I accedentally deleted a few ._cfg files. Is there a way to get them
5 > back? I tryed preinstalling the corresponding packages but with no
6 > avail.
7 >
8 > Thanks!
11 Try:
12 emerge --unmerge <package> && emerge <package>
13
14 If this doesn't work just unmerge the package delete the corresponding
15 /etc directory and then reemerge the package. This worked for me having
16 trouble with dbus.
17
18 If none of the above techniques work, just emerge the older package and
19 then emerge the new again. If you don't know the version of the old
20 package, use genlop.
21
22 Cheers,
23 Jay