From: Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVB-S2 channel scan tool scan-s2 on gentoo
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:08:21
1 Hey Joost!
2 You are beautiful... Thank you very much.
3 I'll soon have TV on my Linuxbox !!!! You are amazing!!!
4
5 Thank you very much.
8 best, Tamer
9
10 Am 28.10.2015 um 14:59 schrieb J. Roeleveld:
11 > On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 09:21:09 PM Tamer Higazi wrote:
12 >> Hi people!
13 >>
14 >> As I am running successfully (recently) my DVB-S2 board on Gentoo Linux,
15 >> I need to search for the DVB-S2 channels which only this application
16 >> "scan-s2" is able to accomplish.
17 >>
18 >> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Scan-s2
19 >>
20 >> Has anybody of you compiled this application successfully before ?
21 >>
22 >> I am not getting smart how to compile this application.
25 >> For any advise of you guys, I'd be happy to hear from you.
29 >> best, Tamer
30 >
31 > That application is either deprecated or has only been moved.
32 > The download link points to a page telling you to move elsewhere. (Without a
33 > search option)
34 >
35 > The "backups" there point to code from 2012. (Old)
36 >
37 > Searching elsewhere for scan-2s points me to some git repository with a more
38 > recent version:
39 > https://bitbucket.org/CrazyCat/scan-s2/overview
40 >
41 > Compiling that one does seem to work. (I don't have the hardware, so can't
42 > test)
43 > I do see some compile warnings:
44 > atsc_psip_section.h:57:1: note: offset of packed bit-field ‘reserved2’ has
45 > changed in GCC 4.4
46 >
47 > Which again seems to indicate the code is not actively being maintained.
48 >
49 > Have you tried any of the other scan utilities listed on your original page
50 > which are actively maintained?
51 >
52 > http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequency_scan#Comparison_of_DVB_frequency_scanning_commandline_utilities
53 >