From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --depclean - libcurl.la
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:33:26
1 On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 8:48 PM, dhkuhl@×××××××××.net wrote:
2
3 > Correct, not in world.
4 >
5 > Sent from my LG phone
6 >
7 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
8 >
9 >> On Friday 03 Jun 2011 19:36:19 dhk wrote:
10 >>> libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib64/libcurl.la' or
11 >>> unhandled
12 >>
13 >> Only to add that I haven't got this file in my amd64 system either:
14 >>
15 >> $ ls -la /usr/lib64/libcurl.la
16 >> ls: cannot access /usr/lib64/libcurl.la: No such file or directory
17 >>
18 >> --
19 >> Regards,
20 >> Mick
23 Alright, the problem seems to be fixed though I don't know exactly why.
24 The libcurl.la file was used by the Berkeley XML Database: I think the
25 Xerces and Xquilla parts. I reinstalled the Berkeley XML Database and,
26 even though the libcurl.la file didn't come back, the problem
27 disappeared. The program I have that uses the database now builds and
28 runs fine.
29
30 dhk