From: Mike <gentoo-users@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] The pound sign
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:52:12
1 No you wags, not "#", I mean a real "£"!
2
3 I'm having a tiny bit of trouble with my Gentoo install. I have two
4 machines, a desktop and a laptop and on both I have set the keymap in
5 whichever config file it should be set in (/etc/rc.conf?). Result is
6 that on a vtty I can login and use my keyboard quite happily.
7
8 I have also set the config in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ to set my keymap for
9 X and all is mostly goo and well there too. I get a UK keymap and I can
10 type quite happily in my windows.
11
12 The slight problem is that if I launch LXterminal and try trying it in
13 the terminal, all the keys are fine with the execption that £ (shift+3)
14 actually prints a question mark "?". The interestig thing is that
15 somewhere in LXterminal's settings, there is a text input box. And if I
16 do a shift+3 in this box, I get a £. It's only the actual terminal
17 where it doesn't work. All the other keymapping in the terminal works
18 fine. I've noticed this irritation afflicts both my desktop and laptop
19 and dispite various Googling, I can't find anytthing that describes this
20 irritation.
21
22 Does anyone have any ideas why this might be?
23
24 Cheers,
25 Mike.