From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo dead?
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 20:48:30
1 On 4/23/20 5:44 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > lego12239@××××××.ru wrote:
3 >> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 04:02:13AM -0500, Dale wrote:
4 >>> lego12239@××××××.ru wrote:
5 >>>> Just interesting, why you need to sync every day?
6 >>>> And why you need emerge -e, if you can use emerge -auND?
7 >>> Might be because Michael is a Gentoo developer.  They have to sync a lot
8 >>> as they make changes to the tree.
9 >> There is nothing to be done. He himself decided like that.
10 >> No one forced :-D.
11 >
12 > You ever think that developers may have to do things us users don't?
13 > All we do is use portage/emerge to update our systems.  They have to
14 > write or update ebuilds, test them, push them to the tree and then test
15 > them some more.  They also have to try to make sure the code it creates
16 > works.  All of that takes a lot of time and effort.  Things we don't see.
19 What it comes down to is that I have to `git pull` before I can `git push`.