From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to do about firefox
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:23:31
1 On 9/16/05, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I thought firefox would become a good citizen, given adequate time,
3 > but I still have to kill it off every day or so even on my dual Xeon with
4 > 2 GB memory -- it's just a huge CPU hog after a while. It restarts
5 > okay, but it's a nuisance. I've waited over a year hoping the updated
6 > versions would behave better. No luck.
7 >
8 > I may have misconfigured it early on. Is there something in particular
9 > I should look for?
10 >
11 > --
12 > Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
15 The only time I've seen this sort of thing it wasn't really firefox
16 but rather mplayer or Flash that's using CPU power. Of course I don't
17 run a Dual-Xeon so maybe that's an issue, but I've had no problems I
18 could trace to firefox on P4's, Athlons, and now AMD64.
19
20 - Mark
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list