From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel panic on 5.4.2 - not sure of cause yet
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 05:31:18
1 I have been getting relatively consistent kernel panics on some call to
2 find_css_set and sometimes a stack trace that mentions cgroups.
3
4 On 5.4.0 I don't get this same crash and I added blocking of
5 auto-loading nvidia under the ramdisk just in case that's the issue, as
6 I was sometimes getting a similar crash on 5.4.0.
7
8 /etc/default/grub:
9
10 GRUB_PRELOAD_MODULES=lvm
11 GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd
12 systemd.legacy_systemd_cgroup_controller=yes rd.driver.blacklist=nvidia
13 rd.driver.blacklist=nvidia_modeset rd.driver.blacklist=nvidia_drm"
14 GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX="keep"
15
16 The reason the legacy argument is there is because Docker won't work
17 under the new cgroups, for now.
18
19 I have a couple of modules, but the one that sticks out most is nvidia.
20 This is the one I see in the stack trace. I have not seen a bug report
21 on Gentoo or Nvidia's end.
22
23 For now I've masked >5.4.0 gentoo-sources.
24
25 Anyone else getting a similar issue?
26
27 Thanks