From: Eray Aslan <eray.aslan@×××××××.tr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which IPSEC to go?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:51:30
1 On 24.01.2010 23:38, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
2 > since I am a while out of the game of doing ipsec with Linux:
3 > What's the way to go? Strongswan/Openswan or ipsec-tools for kame/racoon.
4 >
5 > Emerge -p gave me some ~ for ipsec-tools while openswan goes without.
6 >
7 > Any input welcome. I need this for a road warrior setup.
8
9 Assuming you will want to support windows clients as well, openswan and
10 openvpn are the populer choices. There has been some mention of
11 questionable code quality for openswan so you might want to check if
12 openvpn fits your needs first.
13
14 Personally, I would stay away from kame/racoon.
17 Eray