From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware fails: Virtual Machine Monitor does not start
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 00:32:02
1 On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 16:20 -0800, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:57:48 -0800, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > >
5 > >> Server was also nice because I could create new VMs with it, which
6 > >> Workstation would not do.
7 > >
8 > > Really? I created three today.
11 > Maybe now. But when I made the choice, workstation would not do that.
12 > I'm gonna wait for my workstation download (30 mins or so), then try all the
13 > things you better-informed folks have suggested.
14 >
15 > I had no idea about the order of emerge. Tricky.
16 >
17 > ++ kevin
20 Ive never known workstation to not do it - you may have configuration
21 issues!
22
23 Am in the process of upgrading from 5 to 6.5 this morning on my work
24 laptop :)
25
26 1, 3_>4->5 have all created VM's for me, and so should 6 (its actually
27 my justification to the boss for purchase, creating VM's compatible with
28 the latest vmware)
29
30 I use qemu at home and its lot easier to deal with than vmware - but its
31 slightly slower than vmware (I use win2k in it there) and USB is not in
32 the same class so its not suitable for everything :(
33
34 BillK