From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is the latest release 2006.1?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 01:03:04
1 On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 11:08 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 ...
3 > These are irrelevant. As long as the CD boots, recognises your core
4 > hardware - which really comes down to disk controllers and network
5 > interfaces - and installs a working system, the rest can be updated
6 > post-install.
7
8 Unfortunately, 2006.1 wont even boot with increasing amounts of hardware
9 - and increasingly other distros LiveCD's do. My last one was a catch
10 22 - earlier LiveCD's would boot, but no drivers for the network card,
11 and therefore no easy way to install. (no floppy etc access as well :(
12 2006.1 doesnt fully boot as it loses the cdrom partway through the boot
13 process.
14
15 I ended up using the soon to be superseeded (if it isnt already) FC6
16 livecd - a pain.
17
18 BillK
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list