From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Multiboot Live USB creatores - Was: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: Kaspersky Rescue Disk
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:56:06
1 On 2013-02-13 4:20 AM, Michael Sondow <msondow@×××××.org> wrote:
2 > Yes, there seem to be a number of programs that will create a bootable
3 > USB flash drive from a linux distro ISO, and also from some of the
4 > rescue disk ISOs. Some of these utlities create "persistence", but I'm
5 > not sure what that means: just save data somewhere on the flash drive,
6 > or actually integrate new data into the linux op sys?
7 >
8 > I'm going to give them a try. Ditto for the multiboot live USB creators.
9 > We'll see what "persistence" means for them.
10
11 I'm very interested in this topic. I've been wanting to create my own
12 bootable USB3 Thumb drive that I've added my own bootable ISOs to, that
13 gives me a menu for booting whichever one I want...
14
15 I'd be very interested in hearing everyone's take on which one is best,
16 what is the easiest way to do this, and to keep it updated...
17
18 Thanks!