From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to make a boot menu?
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 14:33:29
1 On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 13:45:37 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > I use bootctl from sys-boot/systemd-boot to creat a boot-time menu
4 > (photo attached) from which I choose what system I want to run. This
5 > has worked well, but I'm not confident I'll be able to mix systemd and
6 > openrc like this for much longer.
7
8 [snip]
9
10 > My question is how to do this in Grub.
11
12 Why not try rEFInd? It handles UEFI booting simply, without the
13 no-longer-needed bloat of GRUB.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 I am Scooby Doo of Borg- Reware roo re arimorated, Raggy!